If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
PollyNET data and related products (quicklooks and images) can be used free of charge and we are happy providing support to the users.
Notice to users
- Each PollyNET site has Principal Investigator(s) (PI), responsible for deployment, maintenance and data collection.
- The PI has priority use of the data collected at the site.
- The PI is entitled to be informed of any use of that site's data.
- PollyNET raw data is available on request from the respective PI or the PollyNET team (see contact_mail contact) for which an additional agreement might be needed.
Mandatory guidelines for data use and publication
Using PollyNET data or plots (also for presentations/workshops):
- Please consult with the PI or the PollyNET team (see contact_mail contact) before using data or plots! This will help to avoid misinterpretations of the lidar data and avoid the use of data from periods of malfunction of the instrument.
- Using PollyNET images/data on external websites: PIs and PollyNET must be asked for agreement and a link directed to polly.tropos.de must be included.
Publishing PollyNET data and/or plots data:
- Offer authorship for the PI(s)!
- Acknowledge projects which have made the measurements possible according to PI(s) recommendation.
PollyNET requests a notification of any published papers or reports or a brief description of other uses (e.g., posters, oral presentations, etc.) of data/plots used from PollyNET. This will help us determine the use of PollyNET data, which is helpful in optimizing product development and acquire new funding for future measurements. It also helps us to keep our product-related references up-to-date.
Terms and conditions
to the web presence of PollyNET, whose content is provided by the Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research.
By continuing to browse and use this website you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of use.
The quicklooks (visualization) of the research data are labeled with the license model CC-BY-SA 4.0.
If you use the quicklooks, please use the following citation:
PollyNET TROPOS <YEAR>.
The authors of the data are the PI's of the stations. Unless otherwise stated, the PollyNET research data are labeled with the license model CC-BY-SA 4.0 to allow interested parties to use the data for free.
To gain access to the data, please briefly contact our support team.
PollyNET requests a notification (via contact) of any published papers or reports or a brief description of other uses (e.g., posters, oral presentations, etc.) of data/plots used from PollyNET. This will help us determine the use of PollyNET data, which is helpful in optimizing product development and acquire new funding for future measurements. It also helps us to keep our product-related references up-to-date.
Disclaimer of liability
This website’s content has been carefully prepared and verified. Still, the accuracy, completeness, topicality and quality of the provided data cannot be fully guaranteed. Any liability resulting directly or indirectly from the use or non-use of these data or by incorrect or incomplete information offered on this website is hereby excluded provided that there is no provable culpable intention or gross negligence on our part. Furthermore, no liability is taken for the content of external links. Where we provide direct or indirect references to external websites, we are only liable if we have precise knowledge of the content and if it is technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent use in the event that they contain unlawful content.